Friday, June 09, 2006

When I'm Up I Can't Get Down - Great Big Sea


Today? Great day. GREAT day. Amazing day. I'm-so-pumped-I-can-fly kind of day.

First of all, I succesfully did something technical. I installed the odometer on my bike correctly. I can now trace distance with accuracy, calories burned and other exciting things. This contrasts nicely with when I tried to create my bookshelf unit, and of the 7 different incorrect ways to put it together, I did SIX of them before stumbling onto the one correct way. Truly, my education is becoming complete. The best line about the shelving, according to my mom, was when I muttered "This thing was designed for chimps, and I STILL can't do it."

So follow that up with heading into work - in theory - where I quickly depart for lunch. Not only is lunch bought for me (Thanks Ange!) but my best friend from first year, and one of the guys who's responsible for keeping me a happy person, Ian Breneman is IN Subway! He's now here for the summer. That ALONE would have made for a helluva day. The picture is of us in Montreal in first year... we both have more hair now. His on his chin, mine sprouting from my brain case.

But is that the end? Oh hells no! Next step: post office. TWO PACKAGES! This is Christmas, birthday, Hannukah and National Day of the Potato all rolled into one. The first package is a t-shirt and congrats card from my family, allowing me to be decked out in style for the World Cup (Viva Argentina! And Ole Angola!) . 2nd package is one of two eBay videos I bought, the highlights tape from the 1992 World Series. I just watched it, and fell back in love with the Jays teams of the early 90s allll ovvverr again.

Then, after the video, I log onto the net and international sports take over. WorldCup? 2-0 Ecuador over Poland! Germany wins 4-2! Both teams I ostensibly like win. I must admit... every year as the World Cup draws around, Toronto completely falls for the sports of the wall: soccer, cricket, biking... whatever. It all becomes part of it.

Finally, to wrap it all up in a nice Pink (Aerosmith) bow, I'm off to the Library Pub for dinner with Ange, Leah and Dave to celebrate/commiserate thesising. Woohoo for first drinks since... man... since Ange's friendy Aynsley was here. Ange really IS the female Colin.

In summary: bike computer, Ieener, TWO packages, soccer and cricket and dinner out. Yee. Freakin' Haw!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home