Sunday, June 04, 2006

Let the Rain Come Down - Hilary Duff


First, The Shawshank Redemption is an awesome movie, and the second I thought of my title, I knew exactly what image I wanted to accompany it.

Second - courtesy of allergies, Cricket and general mental distraction I was still up at around 3:30 this morning. Ergo, when Jackson banged on my door at 11:45 or so this 'morning', I was still out like a light. Once I'd attempted the cunning tactic of nervously saying 'Hello' and looking longingly at my length of wooden dowling to scare off who/whatever wanted me, I realized it wasn't actually a demon coming to collect.

It was only slightly more bizarre.

Jackson was keen on being out in the rain, so I threw on my swim trunks and a tshirt and we wandered up - through the only slightly less than torrential downpour - to the resevoir to go swimming in full clothing. She had on a long-sleeved sweater, long pants and shoes. I was more intelligently(ish) dressed in the aforemention plus sandals and my emo glasses. We even swang by Angela's on the way back to say hi, but she was out. Psssh... how dare she have a life.

So now that the rain has come down and washed out most of the worries that were wandering around, I'm feeling clean and happy. Not quite at the same freedom-induced-euphoria level of my good buddy Andy up there, but happy nonetheless.

2 Comments:

At 5:17 p.m., Blogger ezmeralda said...

hardly a life...was doing laundry. :P

 
At 11:13 p.m., Blogger Cricket said...

Gee, I'm sorry for keeping you up! You could have just said "hey, contrary to popular, western belief, the time here is not the time there, and therefore I will be heading to bed at a decent hour, which just happens to be 3 hours before your decent hour." And then we could have had our little fight over MSN hugs, and you could have gone to bed.

So there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home