Thursday, June 01, 2006

Take it Easy - The Eagles


For anyone who's ever experienced the pleasures of scuba-diving or snorkelling, they know it can be an awesome, awesome time. There's bright colours, exotic fishies, lots of coral and occasionally other blundering tourists as lost as you are. It's an entirely different world.

One thing about snorkelling that I remember from Australia, though, was the terrifying feeling when all of a sudden I found myself under a ledge, a little bit unsure of exactly where the surface was and whether or not I still had enough air to make it. To make matters worse, I came face to face with a bright red fish over 5 feet long that kept me from being able to move in any direction I felt like.

In the end, since Im writing this, the worst that happened was that I was given a short scare and vowed to be a little more careful in the future. Yet, as we all know, I don't learn ANYthing the easy way and was soon back below the surface, and again watching the ocean close around me. Look at the pretty colours... keep an eye on the surfa... pretty colours.

1 Comments:

At 12:25 p.m., Blogger cdh said...

It's okay. You're slow like that.

You have the SWAT Team, ready for action anyway (namely: myself, Angela, and alcohol). I'm sure you can think of a clever acronym for SWAT for this particular purpose.

You clever boy, you.

CH

 

Post a Comment

<< Home