Sunday, May 28, 2006

Walking on Broken Glass - Annie Lennox

Glass - which can be extraordinarily pretty to begin with - after spending a bunch of time in the water, becomes smooth, rounded and soft.

And like anything else that's pretty, you're left being very careful with it. There's conflicting feelings. You don't want to damage it, no matter how much you may want to take it. But you know that you're clumsy, and liable to drop it and watch it shatter into a thousand pieces.

Yet you pick up the glass, look at it, turn it over in your hands, feel how smooth it is and enjoy it. You keep it, because you can get lost looking into it. You know that you don't really want to leave it behind.

Amazing what you can find on a beach, or by the water.

1 Comments:

At 1:11 a.m., Blogger ezmeralda said...

I'm not going to get into the code. But I LOVE THAT SONG. Love it. I need to download it. Why don't I own it? I'm a sad excuse for a woman.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home