Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A Night in Dildo - The Arrogant Worms


My normal strategy for choosing a picture to match my song title/post theme/whatever is to type in a couple of the key words into Google Image search. This I was not going to do this time, for a simple discussion of... my God... I can't even write the word... A simple discussion of battery-operated female pleasure enhancers sent me skittering out of the PoliSci office to the (apparently) neverending amusement of Ms.'s Grimmer and Livingstone.

In any case... Instead of Argentina or Australia... my two 9-letter A___a options that I'd originally considered this summer, I'm going to be hitting up the tropical island of Newfoundland. I mean, hey, Newfoundland is reknowned for their love of Ontarians... and their gorgeous, sun-splashed afternoons... and their, y'know, culture and stuff. On the other hand, they are holding onto Labrador just to piss of Quebec and that I can idenfity with.

So the plan is to combine many of the things I enjoy the most in one trip of uber-awesome: arguing, short streets named after British kings, recreating that Perfect Storm movie, only while counting fish, sports named after insects and being in the middle of nowhere. (For those keeping score at home, in chronological order: debate tournament, George St. Festival, marine biology field work on a boat, Cricket and ... being in the middle of nowhere - Grand Falls pretty well qualifies.)

So... from some time in late mid-July to pretty well the end of the month, I'm going to be feasting on salt cod... wait. I'm just getting a memo... scratch the cod. I'm going to be enjoying fine, strong, Newfoundland rum... wait. Im just getting a memo... scratch the enjoyment. Well... in any case. Newfoundland, Canada's greatest province, she awaits! Only an estimated 36 days left until I land! Woot!

Oh! Quick shout-outs: Argentina, Australia, Czechs, Ecuador - good wins. Trinidad and Tobago, nice tie. Angola - can't you even FIND the other end of the pitch?

1 Comments:

At 1:41 a.m., Blogger Cricket said...

Dukes up, b'y, it's ON.

Middle of nowhere me arse, you're just jealous. And you should be. Just wait till you get there. You'll see.

Now I just have to find that place... the one that really IS the middle of nowhere!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home