Monday, June 19, 2006

What I Got - Sublime

What do I got? Aside from atrocious grammar?

I got the best friends I've ever had.
I got the best family I've ever heard of.
I got the best reason to stay up until 3am I could've ever imagined.
I got the best summer of my life so far and planned, besting even Australia.
I got very little done on my thesis.
I got the best health routine I've had in a while (please take no note of food at hockey games).
I got sports worth watching.
I got a neighbour who makes me happier every single bloody day.
I got a brother who's proving to be keen on sports as I am.
I got a roommate I get along with who does dishes.
I got profs who give a damn.
I got good food every Thursday and whenever red peppers are on sale.
I got new music that I like listening to.
I got to shave today.
I got a mom who both likes being called and I like calling.
I got Dean's List, baby.
I got a 6-5 record in Scrabble, a 2-1 record in chess and a 1-0 record in Stratego.
I got my ass kicked in Cribbage. A lot.
I got an awesome sister who's keeping the Rivers record of spirit alive and well.
I got another awesome sister who hasn't stopped making me laugh in ages.
I got disc to chase, lakes to swim, roads to bike, squash to play.
I got Ian back, Angela for the summer, Colin for e-drinking.
I got a dad who's finally going to take some time off.
I got someone I'm happy waiting for.
I got me.
I got life.
I got a HUGE sentimental streak.
I got to do some fucking work...

1 Comments:

At 11:32 a.m., Blogger radmama said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwww

I need an opportunity to take you on in scrabble and crib before the summer is out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home