Sunday, June 18, 2006

Seven Days - Craig David


Well... we're back to Raleigh for Game 7 of the Cup Finals.

Ian and I, having watched Edmonton squeeze out victory in game five, decided to follow as much of the same routine as we could for game six. First was to the liquor store to be the right kind of beverage for the evening: A Rickard's Tasters 12-pack, with free glass.

Next step was ensuring that we were both wearing out jerseys, and that the 3rd 'spare' jersey was displayed on the same table in the corner. Broadcast starts, I had to sing the American anthem but not the Canadian one, and make sure I didn't have anything to drink during the anthems.

Then, once the game began, we each had to have the same kind of beer we'd had to start the last game. For him, Rickard's Pale, for I, Rickard's Red. Then, once those had been finished, it was the same ones for each of us next. To him, the Honey Brown. To I, a Pale. Then complete the trifecta in the 3rd - to him a Red, to I a Honey Brown.

Bizarre? Edmonton wins 4-0. Jussi gets his first shutout, game seven is nigh, and if you think Ian and I are drinking anything other than Rickard's in that order on Monday evening, you're bat-crazy.

1 Comments:

At 10:08 p.m., Blogger ezmeralda said...

Rivers I'm there. Your place then?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home