Thursday, July 06, 2006

Irish Pub Song - Flogging Molly


There they are, folks: the first three members of the public to enter Paddy's when it re-opened. Rivers, Karl and Colin K. crossed the threshold, paused for a photo to be taken by the wife of the owner, and then plumped down at the bar at 1:40pm. I ordered a pint of Raven Ale, and tasted my beer again. First pint drawn to the public at the new Paddy's - and it was this guy. Hey Hoult... I already know you're proud.

Paddy's Brewpub - it's been a long, hard winter. To quote Rascall Flatts, "It's hard to deal with the pain of losing you, but I'm doing it."

Well - no more.

On January 25th, owing to an 'electrical fire' that started in the kitchen, the home of so many Wolfville memories, so many good dinners and so many dollars spent, was gutted. Students, of course, immediately blamed Joe. I stood outside in the bitter air, surrounded by friends, all of us staring in dismay. I was going to be late for Political Philosophy... but thankfully my professor also had stopped to watch the best place in town go slowly to ground.

23 weeks to the day after the blaze, we were back on the stools, and it was as though I hadn't skipped a beat. A quick shout-out to the Library Pub - you were an admirable stand-in, and have shouldered your way onto my list for all time. But Paddy's... you're the place where I feel the most comfortable, and it's good to have you back.

Now Wolfville is almost perfect. All I need is Cricket and Colin, and I'm set to go.

Welcome back, Ravel Ale. Welcome back, AVA. Welcome back sweet potato fries.

Welcome back, Paddy's Pub.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home