Friday, June 30, 2006

Feuer Frei - Rammstein



You'd think I'd have learned this a long time ago. Germany can be seriously mean when they want to. If that World War II thing didn't tip me off, then the German cannibal guy should have. And if all that failed, I maybe shoulda just checked my personal history - with regards to my worst two marks at Acadia.

For those who don't speak German, the only language that can make 'butterfly' sound like a sub-machine gun ('Schmetterling'), the song title means "Fire Free", or "Fire at Will". After burying all 4 penalty kicks they had to take, the Germans certainly had all guns a-blazing against my Argentines. The real firing is going to have to take place for the baby-blue-and-white though, since the coach's decision to pull Crespo AND Riquelme was, oh... what's the word... fichen lächerlich.

Now to look for the positives. First, I used to be a Germany fan. So, really, if it had to happen, Germany's not a bad team to do it. Second, when I (theoretically) search for articles and use the words "Argentina", "struggle" and "failure", I now will get tonnes of awesome football articles to distract me. Third, I can retire my Argentina t-shirt back to the wall, where - really - it looks very good.

Now to choose who to cheer for next... umm.... Germany? Ukraine? England? Ugh. I should probably just stick to Cricket.

Germany it is. Deutchland uber alles.

EDIT: Sports Illustrated is reporting that the Argentine coach stepped down following the game. What. A. Shocker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home