Sunday, July 02, 2006

Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice


It's perhaps more than a little bit funny that at Acadia University, a school I genuinely love, my computer has been reduced to this: like a kid who just sprained an ankle, my Dell Latitude D600 needs an ice pack.

I wish I was kidding. I'm not.

The hard drive, for whatever reason, overheats dramatically. Usually, in a temperature controlled building, this isn't the end of the world. However in my occasionally stifling house, it's just too much for my poor computer, who was on the verge of passing out.

Two ice-cubes and a Ziploc bag have legimately solved the problem. Why do I feel that this isn't the kind of story that the Acadia Advantage is supposed to spawn?

In other news: Canada Day in the 'Fax with Ieener and Jackson was amazing, Ian's cousin 'Constable Responsible' was a gracious and welcoming host, and the fireworks were great. If that bastard Murphy just hadn't put his landing right in front of them, we'd have had a great view.

Happy Canada Day, all, albeit a bit belated, and thanks to the Fern who helped me with my only spontaneous 'O Canada' - but in French, so that's okay.

1 Comments:

At 7:57 p.m., Blogger Chris Rivers said...

Oh dear. I can picture you - if the Beavers incident is the one that we all remember so very dearly.

You dressed in an awful lot of black. Black shades. My mental eye is adding a black hat. Curly hair... also black. Etc etc.

Did I swing and miss, or at least get a little dribbler out to 2nd?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home