Monday, August 28, 2006

Snakes on a Plane (Bring It) - Cobra Starship


I hate to use the title of a song, titled after a movie (that was titled after a terrible idea for a film) - but, y'know, it's Snakes on a Plane. And the song's actually pretty decent... catchy, rhymey and filled with movie quotes. Including the famous one - "That's it! I have had it with these motherfuckin' snakes on this motherfuckin' plane!"

I think it'd be hard to explain in text how excited I was for this movie. I mean... it's not going to change my life, it's not going to be something that defines me as a person, and really, it's probably not even going to matter in about 6 months. But for now - and the forseeable future - snakes are THE word. I went online and bought the movie poster and had it shipped; my MSN name represented the glory of Sammy L.J.; and the film was decided to be one of the three things making me happiest right now (along with 'fire' and something else movie-ish related).

What can I say? I suggest going to see it. I mean... hey... yeah, for sequels there's "Snakes in a 1969 Citation Trailer" or "Snakes in a University Residence" or, to a degree, even "Snakes in a Business Degree". And those snakes are dangerous and tend to make you uncomfortable... but Samuel L. Jackson comes along and makes it all seem worthwhile.

Honestly... can you even FATHOM being on the board of executives who decided that this film was a GOOD, SELLABLE idea?! I can not. And yet... there we were. 5 of us, including a 14-year old who kept beating the crap out of me, yelling, cheering, clapping and screaming. Watching hte film was like winning an Olympic gold, only without the steroids or Wheaties deal. (Some of us did get a Kid'z Pak deal, however, which included buttered popcorn, a small Coke and some candy. Because I need something else to make my day.)

I can't recall the last time that I saw a movie in theatres and thought, regardless of who I'd been with, "That movie was so worth $7.70 plus all applicable taxes and a $13 small popcorn." Snakes on a Plane achieves that distinction. It was so delightfully awesome that upon its conclusion, I even determined that I would endeavour to somehow go back and see it at least once more in theatres.

You game?... and remember, "Time is tissue."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home