Sunday, October 22, 2006

Feel it Turn - Great Big Sea


From grade, oh, 11 or so through to pretty well October of 3rd year university, I was on a well-appreciated and recognized good luck streak. Then I had a pretty normal up and down 3rd year and summer. Then, it took a sudden turn down in October. Don't know why. Just did. Things kept piling up and it looked worse and worse. Nothing catastrophic - except for, oh, the concussion and potentially fractured neck (xrays ultimately came back negative though). The rest was just small stuff... a little bit of romantic chaos, a dash of inability to attend Atlantics, a spoonful of having screwed up my law school application and a smidgen of my sister having emergency appendix removal surgery.

The usuals. It all came to a head on Thursday evening, when I snapped and threw my backpack across a classroom, narrowly missing one of the debate novices (and a kid I TA for) by about, oh, four and a half inches.

Apparently, that was what God was waiting for.

Since then, I've managed to organize a last-minute road-trip to Cape Breton with some of my favourite debaters for a tournament with the rest of my faves. It starts with the Buick Allure - nicest car EVER - and carried on. Kipper, Karl, Colin and Chris then rocked the rest of the trip. Colin and I won Top Team, beating two quality teams in the semis and finals. Karl got Top Novice. We spent $40 on a concrete statue of the Virgin Mary... which later disitegrated, before Karl won back what was left. I even continued in my romantic chaos, but at least my view got some focus.

Then - to wrap it all up with the biggest red ribbon ever - 163 on my LSAT. That's the 89% percentile. That's my ticket to law school.

1 Comments:

At 8:19 p.m., Blogger Ian said...

I disagree on several points:

1) God.

2) Buicks, while seemingly luxurious, are for old people. Sally (while was in fact bought by old people) is much more fun.

3) There is no way that a $40 statue, regardless of who, was not filled with crack - the consumption (unknowing or otherwise) has completely altered your views on these events.

4) focus.


Great work on the LSAT though!
(for those who require the clarification - that was what this comment was actually about)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home